Monday, June 22, 2009

A Start

Well kind of....this day is not off to a great start. Dale, our farrier, and Dr. Melissa Hamilton, our horse Vet, were suppose to come by today to hopefully and finally get something done about Django's hooves. We've discovered that, this usually mild mannered horse, goes bonkers when we try to shoe him. He hurt both Dale and I two weeks ago when he unexpectedly reared and turned and ran. Dale was caught off guard and thrown sideways and I tried to hold on to Django which in retrospect I should never have done and certainly not without gloves. Rope burn does not even begin to describe what happened to my right hand. The skin was actually peeled away on the palm and fingers and ever surface that remained was terribly blistered. So, both Dale and I were a bit wary last week when we attempted once again to work with the horse's feet. That time we did have a sedative but it didn't seem to have a lot of effect on Django. Today, we'd arranged for Dr. Hamilton to come by at 11:30 a.m. and sedate Django for us. Unfortunately, it was already storming when my alarm went off at 4:00 a.m. and it hasn't really let up since then. Occasionally the sun will break through for a few minutes but the thunder still rumbles in the distance. It seems that I've spent most of the morning on the phone talking to Dr. Hamilton and leaving messages for Dale. Finally reached Dale a few minutes before 11:00 a.m. to cancel with him. 
So, that's one plan for today already postponed until next week. I do have plenty of other tasks to occupy my day...too many. I promised Steve that I would put together a facts brochure on Teff hay for Chris and him to hand out to prospective buyers. Teff is relatively new to this area of the country and we not only need to educate the public on the subject but ourselves. I think it will be a good move for us but we have to make horse and other livestock owners aware of just what it is and that it will not only not harm their animals but be very beneficial for them. 
If I can pull that together in the next few hours, I then need to make it to the grocery store. Our cupboards are quite bare. There will also need to be stops to pick up horse feed since their larders are empty, too and I need to pick up paper for Steve's hay brochure. 
It is going to be a busy day and there is also plenty of house chores that need doing. It would help if I weren't constantly so tired and sleepy. What's that all about? Is it my age and the onslaught of the dreaded M.. menopause? Who knows but I do know that I have more things to get done than there are hours in the day so I'd better pep up soon.

Weight for June 22...currently unknown and don't know if I really want to know!
Calorie intake..also don't know but couldn't be very high yet since all I've eaten since 4:00a.m. is a bowl of fresh pineapple and half a peanut butter on whole grain sandwich with coffee.
Diet Colas...which I'm trying to quit..really, I am!.....Ok, one and I shouldn't have had that but I know it won't be my last for the day.
Exercise....huh?

damn...the sun is out now! Sheesh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment