Friday, July 3, 2009

He spread His arms
to die
and, rising,
Gave me wings
to fly
~ r
Glory in the wings He gave you Sande!!

That's a poem by my amazingly talented friend, Renee Fukumoto. Renee is an artist and photographer as well as a poet. I told her that I think this poem will become my mantra. She wrote it yesterday in response to an email that my sister, Wanda Tilley, had sent me that I shared with everyone on face book and my email list. The email was one that both my sister and I had seen before. What we hadn't noticed previously was the last paragraph which stated that when God leads you to a cliff you have two choices: leap and be assured that he will catch you or leap and let him teach you how to fly. My sister said that she felt that the message was meant for me because she'd received it just after I told her that my new business venture was exciting but so scary at the same time because I felt like I was leaping off a cliff into the unknown. So much has happened in such a short time and I will be back to share it all. I have to get to work now but I am amazed and thankful for all of the support and encouragement that I've been receiving from both friends and strangers this past week. It is truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment