Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 27

The good news is, I'm finally back on track with my diet. The bad news is, I was like a run away train for over a week. I missed posting yesterday and I think the crazy, out of control way I've been eating is to blame for that. I've felt physically ill for two days. I've discovered that my diet truly does influence the way I feel, not only physically but emotionally, too. During the two weeks that I carefully monitored and controlled what went into my mouth, I felt energetic and happy. The past two weeks, I've not only eaten what ever I wanted but way too much of it. Some days, it felt as if I was constantly eating because nothing was satisfying the hunger. Even when I felt so full that it seemed I was bulging at the seams, I was still hungry. I've been dealing with quite a few emotional curve balls during the past ten days or so and I think that upheaval is what sent me falling back into old habits. This morning, after finally getting a good night's sleep, I feel positive again. I started my day not with pancakes and syrup but with blueberries, cottage cheese and granola. For the first time in at least ten days, I'm enthusiastic about my day and the tasks at hand so I'm hoping that I accomplish a lot today. One of those tasks is cooking up the chicken breasts and broccoli that I bought when I was out on Wednesday. I thought I'd have that done by now but two days of feeling absolutely miserable kept my activities at the minimum, have to be done jobs like caring for the horses and Sadie the dog. I'm not so certain that I did those tasks well even though I did manage to throw in a much needed bath for Sadie which she of course wishes I hadn't. I've been feeling over whelmed and hopeless for a while but today, I can feel a flicker of that old light of enthusiasm and I'm ready to start moving forward again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment