Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 5

5 pounds down

7:25 a.m.: Just checking in at the start of day 5. I'm full to the brim because I had my second meal a few minutes ago just two hours after my last. I've been eating my 5 meals 3.5 hours apart because that's what works best with my long day. This morning however, the farrier is coming. I have to catch and halter all of the horses and have them ready for his arrival at 9 a.m. Usually, I would have Steve to help but he's working today so it's just me. I know that we won't be through until at least 11 a.m. so I thought I'd best fill up now so that I'm not left starving in this sweltering heat. More later on how the day goes but now, I have to run.

11:00 a.m.: Whew, it is hot outside! I was out in the hot sun with my sun hat and sun screen for over three hours. Sure it's morning but it's already a scorcher and so humid that you feel like you could cut the air with a knife. My work mainly was walking up and down the hill and wrestling horses. Dale, our farrier, had the hard job of trimming and shaping hooves. He only had four to do this time because I couldn't catch Riley...it's a long story for another time but the horse is very scared of halters. Still, I think that should count as part of my exercise for the day. I certainly feel as if I've sweated off at least a pound of water.

With the food, even though this is a high carb day on the plan, I don't think I was suppose to eat the same food for three meals but I did. It isn't just that I like cottage cheese and blueberries but that it was something quick, cool and filling after being out in that heat. This morning when I squeezed in meals one and two before heading across to the horse pastures, the meal was just convenient and well...I do love cottage cheese and blueberries:) I promise I'll be good for the rest of the day.

3:40 p.m.: Ok, I did great on the food today, four meals down and I only had about 700 calories but so much food. On exercise or actually accomplishing anything around the house, so far, not so good. True my entire morning was spent out in the sweltering sun working with the horses from dawn until nearly noon. And true, I didn't sleep well last night and once again, got in bed later than my 3:45 a.m. alarm warrants. BUT, I'm not sure that the two hour nap after lunch was warranted either but it's done and the admission is out there....I did say that I'd try my best to be completely honest. Of course, none of the work I had planned for today is done and I did wake up with a whopper of a headache which I "treated" with about a third of a diet Dr Pepper which I said I was weaning myself from (but it did work and knocked out the headache) and I am feeling pretty good now, it's Friday and there is still plenty of day and weekend left.

Just wanted to add some good news that I received today. My sister, Wanda, has been battling cancer for about two years now. Actually, it has been nearly eleven years since she found the first lump that she refused to get diagnosed for nine years. But we won't even think about that because today is a happy, happy day. My sister just got the results from her latest tumor count and the count is down from 16 to 10. That's two consecutive counts that have been lower than the previous! It's a praise the Lord and shout day here in East Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment