Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 7

No change in my weight but I've been losing about a pound every other day so I'm guessing this is a transitional day....We will see tomorrow.

4:06 pm: Headache.....ugh! I don't know if it is caused by the heat or by the three hour nap that I took this afternoon! I don't know what's gotten into me, I never nap period much less for a quarter of my day.

I didn't sleep well last night and then I was up early because I'd promised a friend that I'd take photos of horses that belonged to her and a friend. The day didn't start well; I was late from the beginning. I'd planned on being at the farm by 7:00 AM but I was late and then I was lost. I finally pulled into the drive about 8:20. The horses were beautiful, a gorgeous black bay Arabian and her filly foal and my old pal, Cash, that I hadn't seen in several years. I think the shoot went pretty well despite the quickly disappearing magic morning light that was being replaced by blazing sunlight that felt like laser rays scorching my fair skin. I was soaked with sweat by the time I finished.

I made a quick trip to the grocery store and since I'd missed my 2nd meal of the day (the RTN program has me eating 5 meals a day, three hours apart.), I wisely (very proud of myself) refused the chips or candy and cola that I would usually grab and picked up some cut up melon in the produce department, low fat Mozzarella and a bottle of water which I snacked on while I drove home. At the house, I drove across to the horses so that I could snap a few photos of my now 15 month old Danny! I haven't had my camera out in months and it use to be attached at my side most days. Danny has been aging and growing without having it chronicled; that's just not right! I ended up having to move Brandy....no easy task...since Steve had left her in the round pen and then I washed and put medicine on her abscessed hoof.

Steve told me that he was starving so it was a great thing that I'd picked up some fresh (?)...obviously frozen and still partially so...salmon at the store. I sautéed spinach and garlic in just a little bit of olive oil and then tried to pan sear the salmon but like I said, partially frozen still, so I put it in the microwave for a few minutes to ensure it was done. It was still delicious especially with some fresh, home grown tomatoes on the side.

After we ate, I still had the headache that had been growing all morning so Steve suggested that I try to get some sleep. I'm sure he meant a short nap or at least that's what I intended but now, here I am THREE hours later and now I'm groggy and still have the headache, too. But I'll be Ok; going now to fix my 3rd meal of the day which is over an hour late and then I still have plenty of day left to do the other things I had planned. I have some fresh picked corn to shuck and clean and then Steve is going to grill it along with some more fish I picked up this morning. Corn isn't on my diet. How I wish this were a rewards day. How bad would I be to have one small cob sans the butter and salt? Do you think I could substitute it for one of my carbs today? mmmmmm???.....I'll let you know if I was good or bad tomorrow but whichever way it goes, I'll forgive myself and move on. Moving on is my new motto. Have a great Sunday, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment