Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 9

One of my Reshape the Nation buddies posted this quote this morning and I thought it was very appropriate for me with the way this week has started: "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It just means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." author unknown


Tuesday, August 9th, 2011
Weight, not changed...which isn't surprising


11:00 AM: Yesterday was a complete disaster and today is not shaping up to be much better. I had a bout of insomnia last night and finally managed to fall asleep around 5:30 this morning right after my husband, Steve, had left for work and I had just finished enjoying a full breakfast with him of omelets made with egg substitute, stuffed with mozzarella and topped with mushrooms, onions and green peppers that had been saute'ed in just a spritz of cooking spray. There were also fresh garden tomatoes on the side. It was all very delicious but I don't think it was very good for my weight loss to eat that much and then lie down and go to sleep even it was my first shut eye of the night. 


Yesterday was productive work wise since I started a Facebook group page for Tenn. horse owners, businesses and organizations and the response has been tremendous. I've met so many wonderful horse people with such varied interests in discipline and breed and so much wonderful information to share with each other. I'm really excited about it and I hope that this initial enthusiasm for it continues. When I finally woke up around 9:30 this morning, I didn't stop to do my exercise or eat my first meal, I didn't immediately head across the pasture to feed and water my horses (although I should have). No, I've spent the last hour and a half talking with people on that group page and setting up Docs for them to share information on horses and items for sale and upcoming shows and events. So, now, I'm going to eat meal 2 very quickly and then go see my (I'm sure) hungry, hungry horses. I'll be lucky if they aren't so ravenous that they take a bite out of me since our pasture isn't holding up very well in this extreme heat wave. I'll talk to you all later and I hope that the rest of this day is fun and productive for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment