Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 33

What do you do when you reach your rope's end? You have a good, feel sorry for yourself cry and then you tie a knot in the end of that rope and start climbing again. I think sometimes that over eating is like any other form of addiction, you have to hit rock bottom before you can start to change. I'm not saying that I have had any great catastrophe in my life, nothing that exciting. No, it was the self examination of the last month which sent me into an emotional tailspin that threatened to topple this precarious house of cards that I call a life. I could go into every self pitying detail but my story isn't as bad as some and I know that this emotional dungeon I find myself in is of my own making. Anyway, I've gone over and over the details both in these posts and in my mind ad nauseam for at least three weeks now. My cry is over and it's time to move on. I could just keep describing the problems that have been the spark that started this train wreck but it is much better to get off my duff and do something about it. People don't want to hear problems; they have enough of their own. People want to hear solutions and that's what I'm hoping to show over the next few months. I can't control what other people are doing but I can control the amount of influence their actions have over my own. I can take back control over my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment