Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I've been neglecting this blog and a whole lot of other things in my life but there is just so much to do and not enough time. I was so lethargic for so long and as a result I'm behind the eight ball in almost every aspect of my life. I need to get back in my studio/workshop but I'm still working on redoing the workshop and this office/studio space first. The workshop hasn't been used in nearly six years and Steve has been using it for storage. So, we're talking a major mess. Then there is the upstairs part of the house where we live. I've spoken of this mess before. We started remodeling ten years ago and then stopped cold when Steve's dad became ill and died. If you think the workshop is a mess after six years of neglect and abandonment, try ten years of virtually camping out in our own home. My "new" stove is still sitting in the box in the garage. The "new" frig is the one that broke a month ago so it is just sitting. I told Steve this morning that when and if we finally do get back to work on the house and finish it and my kitchen, I'll have to learn how to cook all over again. Don't get me wrong, I do cook but my appliances consist of a portable grill, a crock pot, a microwave and a toaster oven. I have various other small appliances that I use to some degree or other but those four are my mainstays and my life savers.

Even working with the horses, another task I've fallen behind on, is made difficult by the mess in the house because everything is in boxes and baskets and pretty disorganized including the horse supplies and tack. In fact, just when I was ready to start riding again....we moved the round pen this past weekend so that I can ride solo since it is the rarest of rare occasions when Steve is home and available to ride with me. I started cleaning and sorting through the boxes on Monday, gathering my tack only to discover that a gallon water jug, on the shelf above where most of it had been stored, had sprung a leak and wet my leather tack which is now covered in mold! That is my first task for today, clean the tack. I have been enjoying doing some ground work with the boys since we moved the round pen. It's not only helping me with my horsemanship and bond with my horses but it's also providing some enjoyable exercise. Although, I must admit that some horsemanship more closely resembles yoga than aerobic exercise. Such was my time spent in the round pen with my horse Riley yesterday where I learned a lot about him and even more about myself. If you'd like to read the story, it's posted on another blog of mine that you can find HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment