Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gratitude

November is the month of gratitude for all of your gifts and blessings. It is also a month of contemplation for many times, we might not feel that blessed but if we just take the time to really look at our lives, even amongst trial and sorrow, we can find a silver lining even if it is a bit tarnished.

Myself, I say my "thank You's!" every morning. Admittedly, there are some mornings that take more effort but I'm still grateful for every single day. During this month of giving thanks, many of my friends have started to post a new note of gratitude every day on Facebook. I've fallen behind since I just started my list today. So, I've decided to write a thank you for every day I've missed so far.

November 1st: Every morning when I wake up, I thank God for my family and friends and I pray that he will keep them healthy and safe for another day.

November 2nd: I'm so very blessed to be married to my best friend and to have had him faithfully by my side for way more than half of my life.

November 3rd: I'm so grateful for all of the animals that have shared my life. I've always loved animals and each one of them has added to my life and taught me so much. They've always given much more than they've taken. And their unconditional love and loyalty are unmatched.

November 4th: I'm thankful that I've been able to spend most of my life doing something that I love and that fulfills me. The creativity that God added to my soul before I was born has filled my life and outlook with color and joy.

November 5th: I love November, the month I was born. I'm grateful for the beautiful, warm colors of Fall and the days which are usually a combination of bright, warm sunshine and cool, crisp breezes. It's my favorite time of year.

November 6th: I'm going to go ahead and do this one because tomorrow is my birthday and I might not come near this computer....it will be a little gift to myself, to curb my obsession for at least one day. But I am so very, very grateful for another year of life and another chance to start anew, try again and get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment