Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Breath In ~ Breath Out

The "Everyday Health Challenge" for today was, take ten deep breaths. What a great way to start the day! I realized about three breaths in just how much tension I was holding in my body even at this early hour in the day. Might be a good idea to do this several times a day. I've always said that it is good for the soul to stop and contemplate the beauty of this earth at least once a day whether it is a sunrise or sunset, a bee sipping nectar from a lovely bloom, my beautiful horses grazing in the pasture while the sun casts their shadows along the hillside, the trees gently dancing in the wind, or puffy clouds that bring back memories of childhood afternoons spent lying on my back in the cool green grass, letting the sun warm my face while I let my imagination run rampant imagining all sorts of mythical creatures forming in sky above me. Those moments really make us appreciate our lives and be grateful for every blessing. Perhaps we need to stop each day and breath deeply for at least ten breaths while we contemplate the wonder of our own bodies. A few seconds each day spent appreciating ourselves and our lives could very well change our lives....or at the least, make living far more pleasant :)


The following video was posted on my Facebook page by my friend, Tony Woody. It is so beautiful and certainly will give you lots to contemplate.



No comments:

Post a Comment