Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fresh and Green

The Daily Health Challenge for today was to plan a healthy meal for tomorrow. This is already done because, as you know if you've been following this blog, I've been trying to change my diet radically for several months now because of the celiacs disease but especially over the last few weeks because I watched Hungry for Change and had my eyes open to all of the harmful additives in our food. In a way, the celiacs diagnosis is a blessing because it has forced me to eat as fresh and green as possible. Most of our meals are now built around lots of fresh vegetables, lean poultry or seafood. It's a great thing that I love stir fried vegetables in a Tamari soy sauce (gluten free) based teriyaki sauce that I make myself and that is what I plan to have both tonight and tomorrow night. Sometimes we add chicken or sea food but I could live on just the vegetable mix which usually includes, broccoli (sometimes, cabbage instead), celery, mushrooms, green or red pepper, onions, garlic and carrots sauted in a pan spritzed with canola oil with just a tad of olive oil added. I'm also thinking about getting a vegetable spiral slicer so I can make "pasta" out of zucchini and cucumbers. I really miss pasta and spaghetti squash isn't available in the grocery store right now. I saw some great recipes on this website which is all about eating raw veggies, http://youngonrawfood.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment