Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sister's Veggie Chicken Salad Recipe

My sister has been telling me about this great make ahead salad that she regularly prepares and takes to church lunches and dinners. She says everyone loves it but I've been reluctant to try it since I can't eat pasta, one of the main ingredients. She said perhaps I could substitute potatoes but after looking at the recipe, I've decided that I'm going to try it just with the vegetables and the chicken. It still sounds delicious. I'll either mix up my own Italian dressing or find a gluten free variety.


GARDEN VEGETABLES AND CHICKEN SALAD


TOMATOES
 CELERY           
SWEET PEPPER (YELLOW, RED AND GREEN)
YELLOW SQUASH
ZUCCHINI SQUASH
CUCUMBERS
SHREDDED CARROTS
BLACK OLIVES
MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS IF YOU WANT THEM     
GRILLED CHICKEN OR MEAT OF YOUR CHOICE
PINCH PERFICT SALAD SUPREME BY McCormick
ITALIAN DRESSING ANY BRAND LIGHT IS BETTER

CUT UP THE AMOUNT OF VEGETABLES YOU FEEL YOU NEED FOR YOUR
SALAD. SPRINKLE SALAD SUPREME TO YOUR TASTE AND TOSS WELL
SET COVERED IN THE FRIG. GRILL YOUR CHICKEN OR BUY THE ALREADY FROZEN GRILLED CHICKEN WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE SET ASIDE TO COOL
THEN CUT INTO CUBES. WHILE STILL SLIGHTLY WARM, SPRINKLE WITH SALAD SUPREME TOSS. LET COOL. WHEN COOL, MIX WITH VEGETABLES AND TOSS WITH ITALIAN DRESSING. YOU CAN EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT VEGETABLES EITHER ADDED OR TAKEN AWAY AND IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE GOOD.

Ooooh, ooooh.....I forgot to tell you, I received notice that my spiral vegetable slicer is on the way. I'm so excited to try it out with a variety of vegetables. My mouth is already watering...yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment