Monday, January 14, 2013

Turning Over a New Leaf

Todays DHC (Daily Health Challenge) challenge was to add spinach, kale, cabbage or some other leafy green to my diet today. Well, spinach and cabbage are both on the menu for today. I made a pot of cannellini beans for Steve's lunch. I'm adding spinach to my portion today and on the side I'll have a home made salsa consisting of chunky chopped mango, onion, avocado, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro and lime. I also plan to put on a pot of cabbage soup for the rest of the week and I'm making egg plant parmesan to go with tonight's salmon which will also be served with a salad of spinach and other leafy greens topped with navel oranges, cranberries, walnuts and homemade garlic vinaigrette. You could say, I've turned over a new "leaf" nutritionally.

We're off to a rainy and colder start this week. The meds I'm taking for the bronchitis are making me restless and keeping me sleepless at night. I'm trying to crank my engines this morning on only a few hours of sleep and I'm sputtering a bit. But neither rain nor lack of sleep will keep me from my appointed rounds with my horse babies. They are waiting for breakfast right now and so am I. I'm also eager to get this week started. Even without enough sleep, I feel better and more ambitious than I have in weeks! So, let's get started on another week that's filled with possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment