Saturday, March 9, 2013

DAY 8...or is it ONE???

Day one of week two or...considering how badly I misbehaved last week....just day one. The scale showed a tiny change in the right direction this morning but I'm just happy not to have gained after my "adjustment" period last week. Yogurt for breakfast and my tummy wasn't feeling great afterwards so I decided that I wanted something warm and comforting for lunch. I first reached in the freezer for the sweet potato fries but then remembered that I had leftover rice in the fridge and Steve was home for lunch to day. I decided to make a yummy and healthy, vegetarian lunch instead and the only thing that wasn't fresh and unprocessed was the salad dressing...because I have't figured out how to make a good tasting fat free version. I saute'd mushrooms, garlic and onion in olive oil with a Tuscan blend seasoning. Added spinach and gluten free soy sauce at the end (okay, so that's processed too :) and put it on top of steamed purple rice with a salad of mixed greens on the side. It was delicious if I do say so myself. ;-) I probably used too much olive oil but I will work on that problem later. Wish I'd taken a photo of this one because it looked as pretty as it taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment