Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DAY FIVE: Another day of not feeling well but it has nothing to do with the diet. The diet seems to actually be giving me more energy than usual and longer sustained energy throughout the day. No, nearly three months later and I'm still blaming the flu from December. I got bronchitis from it in January and it feels like it's back. I'm aching all over, hurting in my upper chest, itchy throat and cough...and I just feel like a slug. Ughhhh.....So, what do I do? Probably eat too much....well, no probably to it. I had yogurt at 4AM, oatmeal at 8AM and I just finished off some gluten free lentil crackers and cheese. The cheese is obviously full of fat and calories but those crackers are, too. I'm beginning to think that anything labeled "gluten free," "fat free," or "sugar free" will make up for what's been taken out in some other unhealthy way. Still, when I feel bad, I resort to unhealthy eating habits and junk food and the crackers were the only junk food in the house. I'm going to try my best to eat healthy the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow....when, hopefully, I'm feeling much better.
The DHC challenge for today was to take ten deep breaths. Good day for this challenge. When I wake up like I did this morning, unable to breath, choking, aching all over but especially in my upper chest and shoulder, I tend to panic and when I have a panic attack, I tend to hyperventilate. Since hyperventilation is basically being totally unaware of your breathing, I try to counter with the slow, deliberate, deep and totally conscious breath that I learned years ago in yoga. It's been years since I practiced yoga and I doubt I could do a downward dog today but I do still remember the controlled breathing that brings balance and relaxation.
Speaking of exercise, a friend invited me to the two zumba classes that she takes each week. It is at Philadelphia School on Mondays and Wednesday at 4:45PM and at Blairland Church in Loudon on Mondays and Thursdays at 6:30PM. I'm going to do my best to start going but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to get in shape to get in shape! So I may start working out here for a few weeks before I join the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment