Sunday, March 10, 2013

FINALLY!!...Photos :-)

I paused long enough, before devouring this meal, to take a photo of it...as promised. :)
My absolute favorite vegetarian meal:

1) Saute baby bellas, chopped garlic (lots and lots since you can never have enough garlic in any dish, IMO;-) and onion in olive oil until the mushrooms are nicely browned and the onion transparent. I also season all of this with McCormack's Tuscan seasoning mix.

2) Add baby spinach and stir until just wilted.

3) Serve over steamed purple rice (another absolute favorite--sooo much flavor!

I add gluten free soy sauce(Tamari) to mine but my husband, Steve, likes to eat his just as served.

I also added a salad on the side of mixed greens, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts.

I think the mushroom and spinach dish would also be good with pinenuts added but I didn't have any on hand tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment