Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's Saturday and Sunny....

I should feel better but I'm off to a slow start. I think I was making up for lost sleep. I didn't wake up until 9AM! It looks as if Steve fed the horses for me before he left which they are probably happy about. The good news, I actually do feel pretty great today despite my groaning as I rolled out of bed so late. Healthy eating, consuming more fruits and vegetables is leaving me with more energy. I did have a major slip yesterday but I will not record it here or any where else because I'm too ashamed of myself. Let's just say that I broke the first cardinal rule of both losing weight and saving money....I went shopping on an empty stomach. By the time I and the rest of my otherwise healthy fare got home, I'd consumed a lot of one particular junk food along with a diet cola...which I'm also trying to give up. The diet Dr Pepper is hard because I'm extremely addicted to them. If I don't have them when I crave them, I get a head ache, lethargic and just down right mean.

Today's DHC challenge:

See if your cereal has at least 3 to 5g fiber, 3g protein, and less than 13g of sugar per serving.


This is sooooo ironic.......just yesterday, my friends told me that I needed to stop eating granola with my morning yogurt because granola is extremely bad for you. According to all of them...yes, there were many of them jumping on the warning wagon......it is one of the worst foods you can eat. So, I checked out my granola and found 4 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, 2 grams of fat and only 4 grams of sugar and the best thing, not only was the ingredients list short but all natural! So I don't guess I'll be giving up my granola after all. :))....happy, happy, joy, joy....I do like my granola and yogurt. Oh, I also checked out my yogurt because I buy the fruit on the bottom kind and I had no idea what they put in that "fruit." True I probably should start buying only plain and flavoring it myself but I can't seem to give up all convenience food...I've already had to give up most because of the celiacs. What caught my eye immediately was the coloring used in the yogurt...I know why they need any coloring at all is the question...but they'd used tumeric which is very good for you instead of yellow dye number five or whatever. So, even though I thought yogurt, granola and black coffee was just a quick, easy breakfast for me, it is nice to discover that it also is not only not so unhealthy but actually pretty good for me....yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment