Sunday, April 14, 2013

A little something different and just for your enjoyment since I don't offer this print for sale. I came across this shot yesterday and wanted to show off a bit of our beautiful Smoky Mountains. This was in 2010 and we'd had a severe draught that year otherwise those rocks would have been covered with water and the water would have been capping white. A few yards down river from where I was standing when I shot this, is usually, in years with normal rainfall, a big swimming hole where people, mainly kids, climb the rocks to leap Geronimo style into the deep pool below. On this day, you could easily wade across that spot; it was that shallow. There was a fisherman who'd traveled all the way from lower Georgia to fish there and he asked me, "Where is all of the water?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment