Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baked Boiled Eggs?

I've been wanting to try this for a while, "boiling" eggs in the oven. I love boiled eggs. It's a wonder of nature that I ever made it out of childhood alive because I always ate the eggs my mom had boiled and helped me dye for my Easter basket. They were usually consumed post an entire day of hiding them while hiding myself behind some shrubbery in the yard where my mom couldn't see me and rescue me from food poisoning.

A few months ago, I saw a "recipe" on pinterest.com for oven boiled eggs. Long time readers of this blog, if there are any, will know that I still don't have a fully functioning kitchen. We started to remodel our kitchen twelve years ago. We were interrupted by life and my new range has been sitting in the garage, still boxed since then. So, I have no way to boil eggs. I've purchased numerous egg cookers but they only seem to work half of the time if that. So, despite the fact that I was skeptical, I decide to give the oven boiling a try..... The results were stupendous!!! Perfect eggs and so easy to do, all you do is place each egg in a cup of a muffin tin, put it in the oven at 325 degrees (since I'm still using a toaster oven, I turned the temp up to 350 degrees) for 30 minutes, remove and place in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes and voil`a!... perfectly hard boiled eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment