Saturday, July 27, 2013

DAY ONE

Oh, what a morning! Could not sleep again last night. I have to get my sleep cycle straightened out. I heard a doctor on TV.....I know what you're thinking already.........saying that ionic magnesium would help with sleeplessness. I have some on order and it should be here by Monday but in the mean time, not a great start for my first day of this journey but I am up and awake if I am late. And I got a full seven hours of sleep for once (Yay!) so all is good.

I did get some unintentional exercise last night because I managed to drive my little truck off a bank (stupidity!) It's pristine little white body is sitting six inches from the rocky ground and I'm hoping that Steve can pull her out without harm. On a good note, I was forced to walk back from the pasture. And even though I thought I was dying, I didn't have a heart attack and I didn't get eaten by the wayward bear that is inhabiting our woods.

Okay, DAY ONE's change will have to be an easy one..........ONLY ONE DIET SODA TODAY AND DRINK AT LEAST ONE CUP OF GREEN TEA AND TRY OUT THE NEW ORGANIC LEMONADE I BOUGHT LAST WEEK.

I'll check back in tonight and let you know how I did with that first challenge and what else I may or MAY NOT have accomplished. Enjoy this rainy Saturday all of you East Tennesseans! As for the rest of you, I hope the sun is shining where ever you are.

AT THE END OF THE DAY.....well, I have to admit, I'm disappointed in myself. It's not because I failed today's change goal, nailed that! No, it is because it is 75 and low humidity in July in E. Tennessee, which is a friggin' miracle, and I did not get out and enjoy it at all! I could have been working in my garden (just finished pulled a few weeds and day lilly stems.) I could have been playing with my ponies or just walking in the sunshine drinking in the day. But what was I doing instead? I was sleeping!!! I actually got my seven hours last night so why did I lie down when Steve said he was taking a nap. I barely remember him getting up before falling back off to sleep. I woke up three hours later and the day was done. I'm not a happy camper and no one to blame but myself. I did stick to the change of the day though, only one diet Dr. P. Let's see how well I handle that one tomorrow, that's the test.

Off now to start some sweet potato oven fries for supper. There are ribs on the grill and fresh, sweet corn ready to take their place in the smoker. I'll make some poppy seed cole slaw to go with it all and then very naughtily but without guilt devour that luscious meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment