Friday, August 9, 2013

DAY 14

The 13th certainly applied yesterday, I was sick and just off for most of the day. I can't say that I accomplished anything but making it through the day. Hoping today will be better. Woke with some odd stomach area pain and thinking I'll finally make that appointment with my GI doc that I've been promising to make. It's Friday and Steve is off so I've been doing some office work for him but plan to get back on those classes soon. I don't know if it will be humanly possible to finish them before the deadline but I will try. I have a busy weekend ahead with my class lunch tomorrow and then Steve and I might just drive up to Kodak to Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge on Sunday. I know the trip to Kodak isn't necessary and I should be working or finishing those class assignments but in a way, a little time away, even a few hours, with Steve is very important and necessary. It will be something to look forward to along with tomorrow's lunch that will help ease the stress while I crunch minutes for the next six days.

One good thing about yesterday, this beautiful
double rainbow that ended the day & how it
reflects so beautifully off of Mouse's wet coat.
Rule 9: Start enjoying the things you already have. – The problem with many of us is that we think we’ll be happy when we reach a certain level in life – a level we see others operating at – your boss with her corner office, that friend of a friend who owns a mansion on the beach, etc.  Unfortunately, it takes awhile before you get there, and when you get there you’ll likely have a new destination in mind.  You’ll end up spending your whole life working toward something new without ever stopping to enjoy the things you have now.  So take a quiet moment every morning when you first awake to appreciate where you are and what you already have.....I do try to do this, gratitude to start each day, but I don't always listen to myself. I'm a planner and a goal setter which usually leads to frustration and disappointment rather than any sense of accomplishment because I'm never able to live up to what I expect of myself. I think it's time for mind reset. Let's turn this planning, scheduling and expectations machine off for a while. When the screen freezes or the curser goes bananas, often all it takes is a reboot to get things running smoothly. So, I'm rebooting myself, lol, and hoping that my mind quiets a bit and I start worrying less and appreciating more every minute of every beautiful day. The rainbow that ended yesterday reminded me to take time to embrace at least one, hopefully more, absolutely wonderful, amazing thing about every day of my life. I think I might even start journaling them. So yesterday, it was the double rainbow and how it reflected off of my lovely Mouse's coat and then to the other side of the pasture was this amazing sunset.....now, if that doesn't cause you to pause with gratitude, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment