Saturday, August 10, 2013

DAY 15

By the end of this day, I'll be half way through my month and I can't say that I've made a lot of progress on the health and fitness front but I have been making progress on my work. I finished up my website yesterday....Yay!!! It took longer than I thought crunching those numbers and trying to come up with prices that were fair to me and my customers...and to give the brides a discount on their packages and prints. I also have been researching various vendors for my books and wedding albums. I applied to the top photo book maker in the world. They are the ones that all of the top photographers use and they make museum quality photo albums and books. Which is all good and well but I was so excited when they accepted me (they only sell to the trade) and I couldn't wait to check out their prices. I was not expecting what I saw.....ten pages cost over 350 dollars....wholesale!!! Sheesh! Needless to say, I'm going with my first choice who do excellent work and their price tag doesn't seem so high any more. Actually, the pro only printers I use do wonderful work on my prints and now they are doing books also and at a very reasonable price. I may just have to order one to see how it looks. But enough about things that none of you have any interest in. I'm sorry about all of that, it's just what has been totally occupying my mind for the last week but now, thank goodness, the website is fini'! Hallelujah! Now I can get on with my life! Today that will include my Class of 1974 lunch. It should be fun.

Today's rule is full of cliches but I can't really say that I disagree with any of them.
  1. Start creating your own happiness. – If you are waiting for someone else to make you happy, you’re missing out.  Smile because you can.  Choose happiness.  Be the change you want to see in the world.  Be happy with who you are now, and let your positivity inspire your journey into tomorrow.  Happiness is often found when and where you decide to seek it.  If you look for happiness within the opportunities you have, you will eventually find it.  But if you constantly look for something else, unfortunately, you’ll find that too.  Read Stumbling on Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment