Sunday, August 11, 2013

DAY 16

My high school class lunch was yesterday. We had loads of fun. It's been nearly 40 years since we graduated but when ever even a few of us get together, it's like we are kids again. Only 15 showed up, 21 counting friends and family, when I was expecting possible more than 30. Still, very happy for the ones who did make it and looking forward to the big 40 year bash next year!!!
LHS Class of 1974
I was very good at lunch, grilled shrimp, rice and steamed broccoli. I didn't even feel like eating dinner....until 11pm when I got hungry and ate a cheese sandwich. Bad Sande! 

My friend Gary completed his first 5k yesterday at Color Me Rad. Everyone was dressed in crazy costumes and they had color bombs thrown at them. Gary, brave man, donned a purple tutu which was really quite becoming. All joking aside, I'm very proud of him. He said that the people who ran with him were pushing him in a wheelchair five months ago right before the surgery that saved his life. He's worked hard to get into shape for this race and there was much more to this victory than just crossing that finish line! 

I just put on vegetable soup for my lunches next week. So, I guess one goal for today is accomplished. As soon as I was my dishes, put on a pork roast, cut up pineapple for breakfast and marinade the steaks for dinner, I'll try to get a few hours in on my class assignments. So, I guess I'd better get up from my break and get busy.

Really love the rule for today....Start giving your ideas and dreams a chance. – In life, it’s rarely about getting a chance; it’s about taking a chance.  You’ll never be 100% sure it will work, but you can always be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work.  Most of the time you just have to go for it!  And no matter how it turns out, it always ends up just the way it should be.  Either you succeed or you learn something.  Win-Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment