Friday, August 2, 2013

DAY 7

Wow, a week has passed already?! I've done pretty good. I've succeeded at some goals and stumbled on others. As with all things, life has intervened a bit and the week wasn't entirely good but there were quite a few victories in the mix. Today my goal will be to finally finish up on my photo edits....sick yesterday and didn't finish....and to walk twice since I'm starting my new DHC track for walking.The challenge is to count something along the way. They suggested birds or plants but since both are abundant here in the country,  I decided to count something that wasn't, trucks. Sure, there all lots of trucks in the neighborhood but the traffic is usually slow on this road. I'll walk a mile and I'll count five trucks...but keep on walking even if I reach the number before the mile. :) Have a great day everyone!

My one positive thing to start doing for myself today is number 3 on the list, "Start being honest with yourself about everything. – Be honest about what’s right, as well as what needs to be changed.  Be honest about what you want to achieve and who you want to become.  Be honest with every aspect of your life, always.  Because you are the one person you can forever count on.  Search your soul, for the truth, so that you truly know who you are.  Once you do, you’ll have a better understanding of where you are now and how you got here, and you’ll be better equipped to identify where you want to go and how to get there."  I think I'm always searching for answers about who I am and how I got to be me. The odd part is, I'm 57 years old and I'm still discovering new things about myself everyday. Some of the things I find are nice surprises while others often arrive blanketed in pain and anguish but still are enlightening and help me to grow. I think of the Indigo Girls' song, Closer to Fine and the Cat Steven's lyric, "I'm on the road to find out."

Here is the LINK to that article if you want to read it for yourself and below is the Indigo Girls' song and the Cat Stevens's song The Road to Find Out.

Just finished my walk and I think I got in 2 miles. It's hard to say for certain because I turned off my GPS tracker at 1.90 so I could stop to scratch some horse tummies and withers. Then I had to walk to the top of the hill to let Mouse through the gates so she could get a drink of water and go to bed. Steve evidently thought I planned to leave them open because he came walking quickly off the hill shouting, "Hey, I have to go through there." and I replied, "So does she." Mouse seemed to walk extra slowly, I think just to perturb him, haha. As for the trucks, I started getting worried about 3/4 of the way through my walk because the road was empty and I'd counted four vans and SUVs but only three trucks. Then in a flurry of four wheel drive and extended cabs with a few old clunkers thrown in, they all came at once. There were four coming from opposite directions and then two more and then another. Evidently, it was obvious to someone how out of shape I am and how another mile or two might have done me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment