Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rule 21: Start being attentive to your stress level and take short breaks. – Slow down.  Breathe.  Give yourself permission to pause, regroup and move forward with clarity and purpose.  When you’re at your busiest, a brief recess can rejuvenate your mind and increase your productivity.  These short breaks will help you regain your sanity and reflect on your recent actions so you can be sure they’re in line with your goals.

Lots going on in my life right now and my body is feeling the stress levels. My friend Jacki is a Buddhist healer and she said that she had a vision of me being chased round a mulberry bush. That seem very appropriate considering the week I've had but I sure hope I'm the monkey and not the weasel. She gave me a wonderful meditation to help me deal with stress and adversaries. You envision your problem or adversary who is adding worry and stress to your life and shrink them down until they fit in the palm of your hand. Then lean close to your palm and breath in saying their or its name and then breath out saying LOVE. It is supposed to work like magic bringing the end to conflict and worry. I don't know if it  has done any good with the "adversaries" I've been facing but I know that it has certainly helped me to quiet my mind and heart. Considering how I've been erupting into violent shivering with no obvious cause, I think this soothing meditation has come at just the right time. May we all experience peace in our lives and hearts, may we all be appreciative of the many blessings around us especially the small ones that are so often overlooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment