Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rule 22: Start noticing the beauty of small moments. – Instead of waiting for the big things to happen – marriage, kids, big promotion, winning the lottery – find happiness in the small things that happen every day.  Little things like having a quiet cup of coffee in the early morning, or the delicious taste and smell of a homemade meal, or the pleasure of sharing something you enjoy with someone else, or holding hands with your partner.  Noticing these small pleasures on a daily basis makes a big difference in the quality of your life.....what was that song from years ago?...It's the small things that make life worth living? I think that was the lyrics and I agree. Someone else might have a bigger house or fancier car but in the end, those are all just window dressing.

I strive to do this every day especially on bad days when nothing seems to be going right. That is when I really start looking for those silver linings, those little hidden miracles.

I didn't walk yesterday but we did move the round pen which I think must add up to three or four walks. I was soaked with sweat and filthy by the time we finished....not a pretty site. I fixed a quick supper of cheddar topped eggs and bacon with a side of saute'ed zucchini, spinach and garlic. It was good but it wasn't long afterwards that I fell in to bed and off to dreamland faster than I have in weeks thanks to the exhaustion.

Busy, busy day today, so I'd better get started so I still have time to look for those blessings and small moments of beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment