Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rule 26 might be the hardest one yet. "Start taking full accountability for your own life. – Own your choices and mistakes, and be willing to take the necessary steps to improve upon them.  Either you take accountability for your life or someone else will.  And when they do, you’ll become a slave to their ideas and dreams instead of a pioneer of your own.  You are the only one who can directly control the outcome of your life.  And no, it won’t always be easy.  Every person has a stack of obstacles in front of them.  But you must take accountability for your situation and overcome these obstacles.  Choosing not to is choosing a lifetime of mere existence." I think most people let the circumstances of life, the problems and obstacles that arise control them, direct their path or keep them from moving at all. There have been several things that have happened in my life in recent years where I've felt that the troubles or complications were insurmountable. I've actually turned the responsibility over to others in some circumstances. I've said, oh this or that isn't done because they won't take care of it, instead of handling the situation myself. From my own personal point of view, I think it's time I finally grew up at 57 and stopped expecting someone else to always take care of me and make it better.  I can't do anything about past mistakes and I certainly can't feel guilty about them because that is counter productive. No, all I can deal with is the here and now and the problems, obstructions right in front of me. If certain aspects of my life aren't as I would like them to be, I have to take the steps to change them and I've got to figure out on my own what those steps are. No one is going to advise or guide me from the sidelines, I have to be my own coach and I've got to take action if I want things to be accomplished. So, I'm going to be inspired by Rule Number 26 and this stick is going to get out of the mud by pulling itself out, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment