Thursday, September 19, 2013

And on that list of 30 things to stop doing to yourself: Number 4, Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. – The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.  Yes, help others; but help yourself too.  If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.

This is so odd because I received a call from my late friend Candis's brother, Charlie, this morning. It was so good to hear from him. I've been thinking about him for days and thinking of calling. We talked about many things but we discussed at length the need to start really living our lives, doing what we want to do and enjoying each day. Candis's death has pointed out to both of us that the only time we can be sure of is this moment right here, right now so we'd better make it count.

I've been very understandably sad and cocooning as a friend calls it, basically hiding out in this house and sleeping a lot....or not. But I feel like this is my first message from my new angel. She's telling me to start living my life again. I hear you Candis and I will do. I haven't forgotten other promises either my sister. Thinking on them and how to do what you asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment