Thursday, September 5, 2013

RULE 3: Stop lying to yourself. – You can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can’t lie to yourself.  Our lives improve only when we take chances, and the first and most difficult chance we can take is to be honest with ourselves.............It's an odd thing, I've always said that I can't lie. It's not that I'm such a good person, I'm just incapable of lying. The few times I've tried, I fail miserably and end up telling the truth in the end. That's not saying that I haven't on occasion used a little white lie to get out of doing something, going somewhere that I either don't want to go or perhaps am just too busy to attend and the other person insisted but I never tell the lie myself, I let Steve do it, lol. But, even though I can't lie to others, I've spent a lot of year lying to myself and just as they say about any lie, eventually it catches up with you. So, that is where I'm at now, facing the the truth. It is painful but at the same time, I think another old adage applies here, the truth shall set you free........and that it does. Close your eyes, trust your wings and then leap. You might be surprised how far you can go once you let go of the lies, embrace the truth and start flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment