Sunday, September 1, 2013

Overlook the source of the quote since she is probably quoting
someone else anyway. Still, I don't usually turn to actors for
my life guidance but it is a quote full of wisdom.
Well, we are almost to the end of our RULES. This is number 29 and it is one I've been made very aware of lately. I have a friend, that I know I've mentioned before, who has trained in India as a Buddhist healer. She tells me that all things are energy and to live a more fulfilled life we must try to replace the negative energies or anger, fear, hurt (to name but a few) with good energies of love, confidence, hope (to name another few). I admit that I tend to dwell on bad things and bad energy. I'm an analyzer, I pick everything apart. I want the world to make sense and I want people to make sense but neither seldom do. So, I end up frustrated and stressed because I want, expect others to behave in a certain way and when they don't, I'm the one taking on all of that negative energy. Needless to say, it is not good for my psyche or physical health. So, since it is impossible to change any one else, the only thing I can do is change my own reaction. I need to replace all of that negative energy with good, pure energy and then, instead of sucking the life out of my life, I'm hoping that I will be in turn energized instead. Positive begets positive is the hard learned lesson for me but it has been learned so that is a very good thing. Rule 29: Start focusing on the possibility of positive outcomes. – The mind must believe it CAN do something before it is capable of actually doing it.  The way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful.  Listen to your self-talk and replace negative thoughts with positive ones.  Regardless of how a situation seems, focus on what you DO WANT to happen, and then take the next positive step forward.  No, you can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you react to things.  Everyone’s life has positive and negative aspects – whether or not you’re happy and successful in the long run depends greatly on which aspects you focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment