Friday, October 25, 2013

Eating Healthy

DHC challenge for today was to list 3 benefits from eating a healthy diet. I said: 1) energy and vitality, 2) overall health and wellbeing, and 3) weight loss.


I may be wrong but it seems to me that, the older I get, the more I can feel both the positive and negative effects of the foods I eat especially when I'm stressed. At times when the pressure is on, I feel so much better when I eat healthy, energizing foods and soooo much worse when I eat "comfort" foods which generally aren't that healthy. Sure, I do get that nice warm comforting, tension easing effect when I first eat things like salty chips and popcorn or sweet chocolate but it doesn't last long and when I'm stressed, the good effects are even shorter lived.

I am becoming more aware of how I'm eating. I have tried to incorporate more vegetables into my diet this week but I haven't started keeping that essential food diary yet. I am however being observant of what I eat and how I'm feeling when I eat...whether I'm hungry or just stressed. I've started exercising again and I'm drinking more water (although no where near the eight glasses needed in a day.) Next week, I'll start the food diary and the week after, I'll start controlling, planning and restricting what I eat. With just the added activity this week, I've lost around 2 and a half pounds so I'm hoping for a considerably larger number when I really launch into "diet mode." 

No comments:

Post a Comment