Friday, October 4, 2013

From the article, 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself, "Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work. – In life you’ll realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet.  Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you.  But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you."

I've never rejected new relationships that I'm aware of but it has taken me five decades to learn two things, 1) when to let go of bad relationships and 2) to realize that I've taken something away from each of those bad relationships even if it is just knowledge. I've said before, this road of life is too rocky, steep and difficult to try to walk it while carrying all that baggage from the past. Cut the ties, take with you only what benefits you and then lock the door and walk away. I'd keep the key though. I have found that some people actually do change and then I've allowed them back in my life....cautiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment