Saturday, November 2, 2013

Rabbit, Rabbit

I learned something new today. It's a fun fact not necessarily a useful one. It's a British superstition that I've never heard of but might actually adopt since just the idea of it makes me think of bunny whiskers and smile. You have to say "Rabbit, rabbit" or Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit" on the first day of every month, as soon as you wake up and before you speak or put your feet on the floor. It is supposed to bring good luck. I was just thinking about some of the superstitions I was raised with and how most of them were more about warding off bad luck than inducing good. I think that's why I like this sweet tradition so much. Maybe it won't make me any luckier but it sure makes me smile.  "Rabbit, rabbit!" to everyone even though I'm a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment