Friday, November 1, 2013

Teaching this Old Dog Some New Tricks

I can't say that I've had a bad day because I accomplished a lot on my website. I only tore myself from this chair to eat a quick lunch and then again for a 25 minute break. My hands are cramping, my neck is stiff and my behind is tired, lol. Still, when you have so many things that need to be done, you can end up feeling like you failed even on a day when you've actually worked hard and done a lot. I feel that way today. It was beautiful and I didn't get outside for two minutes even to enjoy it. I didn't spend any time with my horses since Steve fed both morning and night for me. I didn't get the first thing done on the house that I so want to get straightened and painted and just plain cleaned. I didn't even wash my breakfast dishes or.... so ashamed to admit this....change out of my pjs! Still, I made so much progress that I should be feeling accomplished. My problem though is that I seem incapable of compartmentalizing. Sure, at the start of every day, I make that list of what I want, hope, think I can get done in that day. Every day seems to start off great but leaving a task only partially done before moving on to another just doesn't work for me. I keep thinking, I'll stop, I'll move on as soon as I get to this next step, as soon as this is finished, as soon as I've looked for mistakes one more time. That goes on and on until the end of the day comes, darkness falls and I've only checked off that first thing on the list once again. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and I will try again to "move on" and move forward and hopefully, I'll spend part of my day out in the sunshine, with my nose buried in horse mane that smells like sunshine and honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment