Friday, November 22, 2013


Today has been a very good day. True, as is par for the course, I did not accomplish a fraction of the list I compiled at dawn, the kitchen is still not cleaned and Steve discovered what was making our wood stove smoke and it is a disaster resulting in a shopping trip tomorrow to buy heaters for the house...that do not require wood or a chimney since ours is totally blocked with no chance of repair.  I did, however, finally get a price quote off to the bride whose wedding I shot in August....before you think what you're thinking, the delay was not my fault. I'd planned on doing this yesterday but I'd lost the original price sheet that she was using. I've since changed my pricing structure and I've done away with all of the confusing packages but that is a story for another day. The point is, that one task is finally done even if it took me ten times longer than anticipated and even though, she's still thinking about it and has changed her mind about what she wants. STILL, it was a very good day.






After lunch, Steve suggested a walk and went across the way and walked through the woods for the first time in a long time. We saw many fascinating examples of Mother Nature's amazing handiwork. I love that bright, misty green moss and the ground pine always fascinates me. I don't know if you can see them in the photo but we encountered some wild, white turkeys, an entire flock of them. The climbs ,up and down the steep hills, left me a bit breathless but they didn't seem to bother Miss Sadie. She was running around like a pup only pausing long enough to give me a quick snuggle. When we came back out of the woods, we found the horses waiting and watching for our return. I spent the next hour giving each of them a little grooming time. I was mainly removing cockle burrs from manes and tails but it was a needed chore and one they seemed to appreciate. I got lots of snuggles from them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment