Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 Week 2

http://josephraffael.com/
I might have to do this blog just once a week instead of daily. That goal is too lofty and I've been too busy, which I guess is a good thing. Okay, the good side of this week, started walking and doing my squats daily. I also had the extra work caused by the cold and frozen conditions we had earlier in the week. The job of caring for the horses, which usually takes 45 minutes max, took me from between 2 and a half to 3 hours twice a day. Not only did the single digits slow me down but they provided big ice cubes on the bottom of my pitchfork and the most uneven, hard ground you've ever tried to walk across. You know something though, except for the time consumption....it often seemed I was getting nothing done but caring for the horses, feeding the wood stove and feeding us..... I kind of enjoyed the challenge. The extra physical activity seems to have awakened some brain cells that I thought had gone extinct from starvation...namely the ones that controlled my passion for exercise. I have felt better this week than I have in a long while but then comes yesterday when I became tangled in my own feet in the bathroom, began to fall one way nearly knocking over the rickety shelves, over corrected myself while righting the shelves and ended up falling the other direction and backwards into the wall. I hit right on my elbow which hurt like no one's business and thought I might have broken or chipped a bone. For the rest of the day, I sat and iced my elbow while watching movies and thinking how I could be out walking or playing with the horses on such a lovely day. The diet went all whacky last night too since I couldn't cook so we ordered in from Taco Loco.....it was delicious! haha.........So, today, I'm feeling better if extremely embarrassed for admitting on F'book what I'd done but I still haven't accomplished anything but writing in this blog and my artistic journal blog, researching my new artist of the week, Joseph Raffael (http://josephraffael.com/), and messaging with a few friends. Poor Steve is working on run-in for the horses trying to get it enclosed before the bad weather returns. I still need to wash my dishes so I can make chili for dinner and for eating while watching the Denver (Go Broncs and Peyton!!!) - San Diego game. So, I guess I'd better get at it. Not much else to report this week. Went to the doc on Tuesday, all good, took my friend Mary to the doc on Friday and she's a fun lady to spend time with. It was funny when she thought I'd missed the exit to the hospital. I kept telling her that I knew where I was going but she kept muttering under her breath, "I think we need to turn around. I think she took the wrong exit. I think we should have turned back there. This doesn't look familiar. She needs to turn around." I just smiled and kept driving, lol. Other than that, uneventful week and still not where I should be on the house or my artwork. Although I did sell another bracelet so that is a good thing! Wish I'd gotten a photo of the two I shipped on Saturday but I didn't. They were gorgeous if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment