Saturday, February 22, 2014

The DHC challenge for today was to relate a situation in which you had to use patience.

Often, when we are in the middle of the situation, it is difficult to see the big picture. We are in the the moment and right smack dab at the center of all of that stress but that saying, this too shall pass, usually proves true. All you have to do is wait it out.

I had a very stressful situation last year and I see friends now who remember how overwhelmed I was at the time and ask me how I'm doing. They always seem surprised when I say, I'm fine. At the time, I felt like I was riding a bucking horse and holding on with just a handful of mane. If any of you have ever been on a horse that's throwing a fit and wants you off their back, you know that feeling of being totally out of control. You feel helpless and totally at the mercy of the "fit thrower's" whims. Unlike a horse, the motivation of these antagonist can often be unclear and your defenses totally useless against a hidden foe. So, I learned two things that finally gave me peace of mind and closure, patience and acceptance. I just held on for dear life for a while and waited for the storm to pass. Then I accepted the decision of the protagonist and I closed the door and moved on. I guess that's three things because although I know there is another saying that says, get back on the horse, this time, I've decided to leave that horse in the stable. You not only have to learn in life to have patience and acceptance but to know when to walk away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment