Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cut the Fat


For once, I'm not talking about my diet. No, this time I refer to revolving debt. There is a reason they call it that because it is constantly growing even if you haven't made a charge in years. I hate credit cards. Remember that old Tennessee Ernie Ford song, 16 tons? "St Peter, don't you call me 'cause I can't go, I owe my soul to the company store." That's kind of how I feel. Once they get their claws into you, you can't get away from them. If I ever get mine paid off, I vow to never use them again...... she says now. I got deeply in debt to two of them buying supplies for a new business venture which didn't pay off. Next time, I'll listen to my own instincts instead of every friend's advice and opinion. I would never have charged any of it if I hadn't thought, oh, I'll make enough in the next year to pay all of this off....didn't happen and now, five years later, thanks to interests rates raised to astronomical heights, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever pay it off. :( Oh, well. Live and learn or lesson learned too late. If any of you find yourself in the same situation, I can serve as a warning anyway. Go to the bank, get a loan, cut up the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment