Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This was my view yesterday and I did have fun. I worried about Steve who was behind me riding on the trailer and catching and stacking the hay bales as they came out of the baler. Setting up like that saves a lot of steps but it is still a lot of work.

We were very lucky with the weather. Usually, when you are putting up hay in July, it is a hot and miserable job but the past five days, the weather has truly been a blessing with low humidity and a constant breeze. The Martins would swoop around in front of the tractor as I drove. They were enjoying the harvest as well, evidently a banquet for them. I'm really learning to appreciate my blessings and it has made a huge difference in my life. "To see the universe in a grain of sand and eternity in an hour." That's my new motto.

And speaking of blessings and accomplishments, I hit my 50 mile mark yesterday with my fitbit. Reached that goal in just two weeks which kind of astounds me. That may not be a great feat for many but for me it is amazing especially when you consider how sedentary I've been for so many years. Yesterday, I got a really late start and I hadn't planned on walking in the heat. I walked anyway, pushing myself at first and then I began to enjoy it despite the heat and my reluctance. Then I walked again last night and I even ran part of the mile I've been doing. I will admit that it was a very short distance, only a fraction of that mile, but it felt great. I'm hoping to start adding a little bit more running on every day until I'm running the entire mile. Then I might run a mile and walk a mile and gradually build up to running three miles twice a day. I've decided that I'm not competing with anyone else; neither have I got anything to prove to anyone but myself. That won't make any step of my progress any less a victory.

I'm using a new app called Map My Fitness and I'm loving it. It seems to be the most accurate mapping app that I've tried so far and it actually vocalizes encouragement as you walk....from your smart phone. I'm loving it.......heck, lately, I'm just loving life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment