Saturday, January 17, 2015

Question 2



Question 2: Would you like to be famous? If so, in what way?

I don't know that fame is really what I'd want but I'd love to excel in my work and be recognized for it. I've had a bit of that being on a national TV program, being featured in major magazines and news papers and having my work decorate the Today show set. Can't say that it made me happy but it did occasionally increase my income. And it is nice to be recognized for something you've worked so hard for. Still, I do recall a few incidents where publicity actually caused people to treat me differently and that wasn't always a good feeling. I've had friends become angry at me and say that I sold out. I've had strangers greet me with an admiration (?) or something bordering on awe? That didn't make me proud; it made me terribly uncomfortable. There was no human interaction or converse. Instead, I felt a bit like an animal in the zoo...."Oh, my! Isn't she fascinating." No, not really. So, even though my bouts of fame were very short lived, it is not a state I would like to live in all of the time. Still, I'd love the publicity because it sells my work. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment