Saturday, April 4, 2015

Progress

Monday will mark two weeks since I began my new healthy living journey and I'm happy to report that I've lost 5 pounds and 2 inches, added an extra two miles to my walking and even ran part of it (although I don't know if my knees and ankles can take much of that), and I modified my diet, making it more balanced and nutritious, without starving myself. So, yahoo.....I don't mind tooting my own horn because I'm proud of myself. I've put the work in and I'm seeing the results of that effort.

Not to say that there haven't already been set backs. I hurt my shoulder last Monday and that slowed me down for several days. I'm also discovering that after an excessively busy day, I'm usually exhausted most of the next day....and very sore. It also hasn't taken me long to figure out that there are vast differences between getting back in shape at thirty, as I did after my miscarriage, and getting in shape at sixty, especially when I have over seventy pounds to lose. But, despite the aches and pains and constant whining and complaining I keep hearing in my own head, I just keep movin' on. I keep on truckin' (that's a nod to all Dead Heads out there.)
I forgot to add that I've "hit the green" on the last two days with my fitbit. That means I've hit all of my goals and the trackers all turn green. Yay, me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment