Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 44

I'm still working on the reorganization and my exercise is still hit and miss. Then there is my diet...which we will not go into because it is that bad! I've put on nine pounds in the last few months. I sadly just found out that my best friend, Pamie Haythorn, passed away last week. That certainly put a dent in my previous happy, carefree mood. Losing her is like having a light go out in my heart. She brightened any room she entered, like walking sunshine. She kept everyone laughing with her wicked sense of humor right up until the end. I have to admit, I'm very upset that they are having no sort of ceremony for her. I do understand that funerals cost money...too much money but a private, informal gathering of family and friends to celebrate her being and all the joy she brought to our lives, I wish we had something like that. That would at least allow us to mourn and share our grief and our happiness in the blessing which was she and her life. But, in the end, it is not my decision. I will miss her so much and the light she brought to my life.

My good news will sound trite in the face of that sadness but I have my final therapy session for my shoulder this week. I'm hoping.....fingers and toes crossed....that I will be back to work on my wood sculpture and other art....so many plans....by the next week. I still have things to finish up to get both my workshop and studio/office in shipshape but I'm finally headed in the right direction and I'm getting wonderful response over the new angel series of colored pen and inks I'm doing. Here is an example or two:
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment