Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Assets

I have a new target now....good health and fitness. Those strong, muscular legs I use to hate
will carry me to that target with a little effort on my part. ;)
As most of you know, I participate on MeAndYouHealth.com's daily health challenges. Each day, you are given a challenge with the concept that little daily changes can lead to major benefits and changes down the road. So, yesterday, it was all about accepting your body. The question was, "What are two things you like about your body?" What I realized in answering this challenge was that my perception and acceptance of my body has changed drastically over the past thirty or so years. The first thing that came to mind was health because I am far healthier than I deserve to be considering my often horrible diet and sedentary ways. I've become all the more aware of this blessing of health over the last few years. I've lost so many good friends and three people I considered my BFFs, as the kids now say. I have so many friends who are dealing with major health problems, conditions and illness. All of this has made me aware that I can't take good health for granted, as a given. I'm going to have to start working at it. I also noted my body's ability to change and improve with just a bit of effort on my part. I've always heard that phrase, "Use it or lose it!" associated with fitness. My fitness and wellness coach, Lee told me that statement is true where muscle is concerned but it doesn't have to be permanent; we can rebuild muscle. So, I'm grateful for that fact and I'm grateful for this short, muscular body that I use to see as a bad thing when I was younger. Now, I see it as an asset. My dad use to tell me that I could play linebacker for the Green Bay Packers with my muscular legs. Now I think,these sturdy legs are going to carry me back to fitness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment