Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day One Again

There is no rule that says you can't rewind and restart anytime you want. I've gone through a few difficult months and my how ever many day plan has died a painful death. But I'm ready to resurrect my goals and set a restart for tomorrow, November first.

I've been talking to my health and wellness coach Lee. I told him that I was ashamed to say again, "I've made no progress." He told me that he thought I'd made a lot of progress. He said that I'd just been figuring out what doesn't work. That's so true and I think I've also figured out why certain plans don't work.

He's been talking to me about priorities. I thought I had that all worked out but I didn't. I never seemed to have time for the things I loved, for my horses, walks with my husband and our dog, working on my art, exercise. And despite putting all of the good things in my life on the back burner, I wasn't making any progress with the things I hate. Why was this happening? It happened because I kept saying, "I'll go spend time with the horses...or walking, exercising, cooking, working on art....after I finish this task I don't want to do." But instead of working toward that reward, I would hide in my room, in front of the TV or the computer and I'd avoid getting that work done. So, decision time.....from now on, the rewards come first. I'm finding, if I do what I love, it's a lot easier to do what I hate. Who knows, by November 1st, 2016, my house, my life, and my body might all be in better shape and I might just be happier, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment