Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Play till the Buzzer!

I've talked often about how the stress of disorganization and overwhelming disorder is very much the cause of both my over eating and lethargy. It is so hard to get started when you don't know where to start and when the task at hand seems so unsurmountable. So, I usually turn to my diversion of choice, binging on TV shows and movies while I binge on food.

Lately, I seem to have come up with a solution. It isn't going to catch me up over night but it is helping me to get more done both with household chores and creating an exercise habit. What is this miracle, you ask?.....a timer! I have been setting the timer on my phone to 30 minutes when I take the dog out for a walk. I'm not trying to push myself for either distance, speed or intensity at the moment. I'm just walking for 30 minutes, twice a day for the next 3 weeks (two now) because 21 days is how long it takes to establish a habit.

As for the housework and other chores, I'm doing those in 10 minutes or at least seeing what I can get done in 10 minutes. It seems to be working and I'm often amazing myself with what I can accomplish in just 10 minutes. I've been setting goals and exceeding them. It's a very tiny step I know but it is in the right direction! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment