Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 6 of my 30 minutes for 30 days challenge:
I'm still showing no sign of quitting....yay, me!!! Really, that is a big accomplishment for me. For the past two years, I've used any excuse to stop, the weather, interruptions that needed my time, injuries, lack of sleep, and just plain ol' laziness. So, to find myself feeling more enthusiastic and determined with this challenge every day is nothing short of a minor miracle! lol And who do I have to thank for this?....All of you! Being accountable to someone (or in this case, many someones) and recording each day's walk and progress here has kept me motivated even when all those factors, listed above, that stopped me before rear up their evil heads and snarl at me.
There was lots of snarling this morning and I think a lot of that racket was coming from me. I went to bed at an early hour for me last night but I woke up at 1:30 in the morning. After I decided I wasn't going back to sleep, at 2:30AM, I just got out of bed and started working on a few morning chores, like fixing Steve's lunch, starting the coffee, washing some dishes, getting breakfast together and even making some guacamole. I was sleepy but I knew sleep wasn't going to come then no matter how hard I tried. At least not until ten minutes before I'd wanted to start my walk at 6AM. I thought I'd set an alarm for twenty minutes and that would let me get a little sleep but wouldn't cut into my walk time too much..... I woke up at 7:30, of course, and by the time I was ready to head out the door, it was nearly 8AM and already humid and scorchingly hot. It was nearly 8:30 before I had fed the horses and started my walk. I think it was 15 minutes later, when my head started clearing from that hour and a half of heavy sleep and the remnants of the crazy dream I'd had that were still floating around up there, that I finally started waking up. lol
These may be my worst numbers yet but I finished my 30 minutes and right now that's all that matters.
In my haste to get out the door, I forgot my OuMax which was still on charge. These numbers are just from Map My Fitness:
Distance: 1.57 miles
Avg. Pace: 19:11 (Min./Mile)
Calories Burned: 246
Steps: 3.5K

No comments:

Post a Comment