Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A New Day - A New Challenge

For over a week, I have felt like I was getting sick, achy, tired, weepy, hot flashes and chills, tummy problems and headaches. This was after I stopped using the Prednisone. I saw my therapist yesterday and she told me to just be kind and patient with myself and my body. She told me that any drug strong enough to make me feel like I was twenty and Super Woman must have an effect upon my body and I did, after all, not sleep for the solid week I was on it. So, I guess a let down is to be expected but I felt like I was 20 when I was taking it and 90 after I stopped, lol. I am feeling better now, each day is a little better and I started a new Challenge yesterday. I've decided to take my therapist's advice, patient and kind. This first challenge is about establishing an exercise habit after all and that is done with consistency not pushing myself to my extreme trying to improve. The habit is the improvement for now. So, I'm going back to what has worked in the past, putting the emphasis on distance not speed.
This challenge will be 30 Days - 30 Miles. I started last night and logged my first 1.31 miles. Hopefully, by the end of the 30 days, I will not only have established that habit but I will be walking more than a mile a day but that is not the goal, consistency is the goal.
I'm not going to break any land speed records, lol, andI'm not even going to think about changing my diet or keeping a food diary at the moment. That might be my next 30 day challenge. Right now, I'm going to concentrate on being the tortoise not the hare.....you do remember which one won the race, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment