Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 6-September 6........... And I feel good!!! Singing that song because it is so true. After coming off the steroids for that horrible case of full body rash (possibly poison ivy but still not certain), I felt terrible for over three weeks. I told a friend just this morning, that she introduced me to Grey's Anatomy and I have been binge watching it. When I was feeling so badly and had all sorts of strange symptoms, I googled....which led to a major bout of hypochondria and paranoia, lol! I turned to my husband one day and asked as I pointed to some terrible disease that matched all criteria, "Oh, my gosh! You don't think I could have this do you?" To which he replied, "No, I think you have a bad case of 179 episodes of Grey's Anatomy!" hahahaha....Gotta laugh at ourselves sometimes and there are times that I and my crazy life are like a whole barrel of monkeys funny. But, the good news is, my body has finally adjusted and I am feeling great. A few days ago, I was feeling about eighty and ready to give up on any hope of getting fit, losing weight or even getting my life back.... did I mention that the steroids messed with my emotions, too? Today, I feel on top of the world! I'm getting things done, I'm making plans and I'm ready to get back to the exercise with renewed enthusiasm! It's wonderful to feel this way after a month of lousy. So, this afternoon/evening, I think I will take a real walk and start pushing myself a bit again. Don't get me wrong. I haven't been lying. Despite not feeling the best, I've still been walking every day but I've managed to put in as little effort as possible. I'm ready to start movin' on up. I'm still going to start slow, maybe just a mile and a half twice a day to begin but by the end of this challenge, I not only hope to be up to three miles twice a day but I hope to be running part of that. Have I mentioned how good I feel today? :)https://youtu.be/Edwsf-8F3sIhttps://youtu.be/Edwsf-8F3sI


No comments:

Post a Comment