Friday, September 30, 2016

Free Ourselves to Be Ourselves!

I just realized something....another one of those epiphanies.....I am becoming who I always wanted to be and who I always knew I had the capability of becoming....I am becoming ME. That is a great accomplishment because most of us, and sometimes I think especially me, live our lives trying to please others and trying to be the person we want others to see. That is seldom the truth. As I was writing out my little "essay" of the day, lol....I know I tend to write novellas every day...., I wrote something down just as I was becoming aware of it: other people's opinions of us are tempered by their own insecurities and biases. They are rarely the truth....at least those opinions we often use to judge ourselves because those are usually the negative opinions not the positive ones. At least, that has been my experience. I've been far more influenced by negative opinions than the positive ones and I repeat, negative opinions are rarely the truth. So, even though I still have a long journey ahead of me in my quest for my own truth, I am happier for letting go of the past and those negative people and opinions and I am finally free to move forward in that quest. Another epiphany from this morning, I've been looking backwards and trying to regain the person I was twenty-five years ago. I see the ideal of that time and myself but I'm now aware that I can be better because now, I can be honest with myself about who I really am....and you know what? I think I'm pretty great and I have endless potential. That isn't vanity talking or pride; it's honesty because I think we all have that potential. If we free ourselves to be ourselves, we can't be stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment