Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20...I'm going to try my best to stay up this morning. I have a bad habit of wanting to sleep when it's still dark outside, lol. My bedtime wasn't as late last night at 10:30. Still, I need to work on it because it should be much earlier since the alarm goes off at 3:30 a.m. 
Hoping I can get some chores done in the house before I go to feed the horses. First, I will do the ten minutes of meditation. That really felt good yesterday. Then, a morning devotion to help center me and direct my day. I might also do some stretches for my shoulder...it's been threatening me lately and I haven't been doing the daily exercises for it that I'm supposed to. And, who knows, I could just fit in a kettle bell workout.
I guess you can tell I'm feeling pretty darn good this morning. Just changing my mindset made all the difference. Instead of being depressed and frustrated, I'm happy. All it took was deciding that my only goal was to make exercise fun so that I look forward to it again instead of dreading it. I've also taken the pressure off myself as far as work on the house and especially my studio is concerned. I've thrown that schedule out. I wasn't keeping it anyway and I had to keep altering it and every time I did not meet my deadline for something to be completed, I became depressed and frustrated...which translates to more missed deadlines. My plan now is to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. That may not seem like much of a plan but I think it will work for me. It's a totally unstructured plan for a totally unstructured person, haha. Really, I know what needs to be done but by removing the pressure of deadlines (which I know I won't meet from the time they are set), I want to do the tasks.
When I was riding my horses (something I want to get back to soon), I remember one of my instructors telling me that there is the moment when you are working with a horse that you see that what you want clicks. The horse suddenly gets it. I guess it is its eureka! moment. Well, I think it has finally clicked with this old gray mare. Finally, I get it.
So, that's where I'm at on this Tuesday morning. I will check in tonight with my day's stats and hopefully a few more accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment